Dr. Sarah K. Jandrucko Academy for Early Learners
7811 S. Collins Street, Arlington, TX 76002
Kristi Cobb | Director of Early Literacy
Courtney Spitzer | Dean of Instruction
Our Staff Directory
The Dr. Sarah K. Jandrucko Academy for Early Learners is an innovative school for preschool children that takes learning beyond the four walls of the classroom.
The campus mission statement and purpose is to improve the school readiness of young children using creative, hands-on, interactive experiences within a research-based early childhood program.
About The Academy
The focus of the learning center is to promote literacy and numeracy development at an early age in an exploratory and engaging environment.
Centered around the research that children learn best through active, exploratory experiences, the Academy for Early Learners is structured to provide the following sixteen distinct learning experiences -- typically called classrooms:
- Navigation - Let's Get Going; Space; Wonderland; Journey in Time
- Investigation - Wonderful, Amazing Me; My Greenhouse; Pet Central; The Zoo
- Exploration - Tropics; Ocean; Savanna; Polar
- Interaction - Savvy's Market; Construction; Our World; Community
Check out the layout for all of our rooms (Warning: This is a large file; may take longer to download.)
MISD Pre-K Family Engagement Plan
Pre-K Eligibility Criteria
Mansfield ISD offers free, half-day Pre-Kindergarten (PK) to eligible children who are at least 4-years of age by September 1 of the current school year and meet one of the TEA eligibility criteria listed below:
- Be unable to speak and comprehend the English language
- Be educationally disadvantaged, which means a student eligible to participate in the national free or reduced-price lunch program
- Be homeless, as defined by 42 United States Code (U.S.C.) Section 1143a, regardless of the residence of the child, of either parent of the child, or of the child's guardian or other person having lawful control of the child
- Be the child of an active duty member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who is ordered to active duty by proper authority;
- Be the child of a member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who was injured or killed while serving on active duty;
- Be in, or have been in, the conservatorship of the Department of Family and Protective Services (DFPS) following an adversary hearing held as provided by Section 262.201, Family Code;
- Be the child of a person eligible for the Star of Texas Award as: a peace officer under Section 3106.002, Government Code; a firefighter under Section 3106.003, Government Code; or an emergency medical first responder under Section 3106.004, Government Code
For complete information on students who qualify, view the Pre-Kindergarten Eligibility Required Documentation.
The following campuses pre-kindergarten (PK) programs will be housed at the Academy for Early Learners. Due to limited space, campuses were selected based upon location and enrollment.
- Charlotte Anderson Elementary
- J.L. Boren Elementary
- Janet Brockett Elementary
- Willie Brown Elementary
- Louise Cabaniss Elementary
- Anna May Daulton Elementary
- Kenneth Davis Elementary
- Imogene Gideon Elementary
- Glenn Harmon Elementary
- Thelma Jones Elementary (includes PPCD)
- D.P. Morris Elementary (includes bilingual)
- Martha Reid Elementary
- If my child is eligible to attend Pre-K in Mansfield ISD, where do they attend?
Students will register and enroll to attend Pre-Kindergarten at the elementary campus in their designated feeder pattern. Feeder patterns are designated by the district. If you are unsure of your home campus, please use the Web Query locator system.
- We are not in the feeder pattern for The Academy. Will my student still be able to visit?
YES! Mansfield ISD will provide access to the Academy for Early Learners for all pre-k and kindergarten students through off-site learning visits during the school year. We will also provide programs during the summer that will be open to all interested pre-k and kindergarten students in the district.
- What if I want my child to attend Pre-K at a campus other than the home campus?
Parents of eligible Pre-K students may request a transfer using the MISD transfer request process.
Frequently Asked Questions