Huskies in the Know 10/1-10/5
Posted 10/01/2018 02:09PM
Report Cards in Skyward
- In an effort to "Go Green", we will not print Report Cards each grading period. Grades are always current and live in Skyward, and we will send notifications of when the Report Card Grades are final each grading period.
- Report Card Grades for the 1st grading period will be posted to Skyward on Thursday, October 4.
- Your child will record his/her report card grades at the end of each grading period in his/her planner. Parents will sign the Planner verifying they acknowledged their child's report card grades.
- At any time, you can always contact your child's teacher(s) if you have questions or concerns about your child's grades.
Mental Mondays During Husky Time
The first Monday of each month is designated as Mental Mondays during Husky Time. On these Mondays, the teachers will focus on certain topics such as leadership, acceptance, being grateful, etc.
This Monday, the topic is "Start with Hello!" The idea behind “Start with Hello” is to bring attention to the growing epidemic of social isolation in schools, and to encourage students to build lasting relationships with others to end the overwhelming feeling students have of being left out or alone.
- Students will watch a video about an initiative started at one high school to ensure that no one eats alone at lunch. Students will then make name tags and get to know others in their Husky Time class, along with being encouraged to strike up a conversation with someone new at lunch.
- Students will then write their name and one positive thing about themselves on a Paw to be displayed in the school. Students will also be given a Human Bingo Sheet to complete for Dog Dollars by the end of the week.
Link to the video: https://www.cbsnews.com/video/at-one-high-school-no-one-eats-lunch-alone/
Please ask your child to share his/her positive thing that he/she wrote about him/herself on the paw to be displayed!
For more “In the Know” details, read Mrs. Gregory's newsletter to stay up to date with the current events at Icenhower Intermediate School.