Community Multi-Scholarship Program
The Mansfield Independent School District Multi-Scholarship Program was originated in 1979 by Trinity Forge, Inc. and Mansfield State Bank. With the assistance of the high school counseling staff at Mansfield High School, two graduating seniors were awarded funds to pursue a college education. The basis of the program has remained the same. The main objective has been to award as many scholarships as possible from the local community groups to qualifying graduating senior students.
The process now includes all seniors and the counseling staffs at all of the MISD High Schools. It has expanded from two scholarships to over fifty scholarships awarded each year to graduating seniors in the Mansfield ISD. It will continue to grow and include graduating seniors from all high school senior classes in the MISD. The original committee formulated only a few guidelines for the selection procedure, thus allowing the final selection and specific criteria of each donating member/group to remain a vital part of the overall award process.
Each applicant must be a current MISD graduating senior within the year of the awarded scholarship and each must be registered for college within one year of graduation from high school. Funds will be returned to the donor after one year.
Each recipient must be registered as a full time college student and must provide the name of the post-secondary college or community/junior college in order to receive the scholarship proceeds from the awarding group. Each scholarship check will be mailed to the appropriate college in the student’s name. The scholarship funds are to be used for tuition, fees, etc. This is a one-time nonrenewable scholarship.
The application process begins in November of each school year. Applications and information will be available in each high school counseling center. Applicants must be able to complete all parts of the application process
- 2018 Application Packet
- One Page Student Resume or School & Non-School Activities & Honors Page
- One Page Essay (see Essay Guidelines in the application packet)
- Application Deadline (for entire application packet): February 22, 2019
The benefits of this program are numerous. The selection process is less burdensome for the students to apply for all which he or she qualifies. The process is unbiased and nondiscriminatory. Local scholarship funds are more widely spread to benefit the overall MISD graduating senior applicants. The individual scholarship donors and recipients benefit from a proven process.
MISD Students and Parents:
For more information about the Community Multi-Scholarship Program or to locate other financial aid resources, please visit your high school’s Web site. You may also contact your high school counselor or Holly McCanlies, Director of Guidance and Counseling.
The Mansfield Independent School District would like to thank the following individuals and organizations for awarding scholarships:
We appreciate your interest in, and support of our students. It is always gratifying when others independently acknowledge the outstanding nature of our exceptional seniors.
- Alice Ponder Elementary PTA
- Artis Foundation
- Asa Low Intermediate PTA
- Charlotte Anderson Elementary PTA
- Della Icenhower Intermediate PTA
- Donna Shepard Intermediate PTA
- Dr. David Blackwell Orthodonics
- Frontier High School PTSA
- Frost Bank
- J. L. Boren Elementary PTA
- John Williams Scholarship
- Joshua Thomas Carter Memorial
- Kenneth Davis Elementary PTA
- Kiwanis Club
- Kiwanis Noon Club
- Lake Ridge High School PTSA
- Linda Nix Memorial Scholarship
- Leadership Mansfield
- Legacy High School PTSA
- Mansfield Cares
- Mansfield Community Bank
- Mansfield Education Foundation
- Mansfield Food Services
- Mansfield High School PTSA
- Mansfield Masonic Lodge
- Mary Orr Intermediate PTA
- Mansfield Women’s Club
- Mansfield Retired School Employees (MRSEA)
- Martha Reid Elementary PTA
- Shannon Mabe Memorial Scholarship
- Meredith Hatch Memorial Scholarship
- Summit High School PTSA
- T.A. Howard Middle School
- Tarver-Rendon Elementary PTA
- Texas Trust Credit Union
- Texas State Optical
- Timberview High School PTSA
- Virginia Malek - Willie Brown Elementary
- Wester Middle School PTA
- Worley Middle School PTA