Icenhower Celebrates Black History Month!
Beginning Monday, February 1, Icenhower will be kicking off our Black History Month Celebration! Here are some of what teachers have planned:
- In social studies, students are researching members of society who have made significant contributions to Black/American history.
- Daily facts read over the announcements by students
- Daily short, informative videos
- Posters with QR codes in the cafeteria where students will be able to use their devices to scan the QR code and learn about different aspects of Black/American history. We have posters highlighting: military, art, science, authors, musicians, government and entertainers!
- Virtual Field Trip opportunity for students
- ELA department has tasked students with researching Black scientists, current figures, arts and poetry.
- AVID college Wednesdays will focus on Historically Black Colleges and Universities.
- Black History Newsletter https://www.smore.com/q89pj
The committee has worked hard to come up with things that will enhance our students' Black History education.
Icenhower will begin planning for a Diversity Committee comprised of staff, students, and parents to take effect next school year. We will celebrate a variety of cultures on a monthly basis. If you are interested in serving on this committee, please contact Mrs. Cottle.